Our web development team is looking for a Senior Web Development Engineer with experience quickly iterating on front-end interfaces and a working knowledge of back-end data handling. The candidate is a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and is as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are. The candidate knows about and continually wants to learn about modern frameworks like Angular, React, Vue, etc. and strive to build highly responsive, intuitive and sleek experiences for customers. The candidate believes in agile development, quick prototypes and strives to see her or his work in action. The candidate believes that web development is the perfect concoction of creativity, art and computer science.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing web-based user interfaces.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks.
- Self-directed and capable of quickly shipping code in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience translating design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working applications.
- Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in development best practices including agile development, peer code reviews and unit testing.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.